The Mimecast Security Agent is an endpoint application for Windows and MacOS. It:
- Works in conjunction with Mimecast Web Security to offer protection on user's devices, while they are on or off the corporate network (e.g. roaming or using public Wi-Fi).
- Removes the need to deploy a Mimecast certificate to view our block and warning pages for sites using SSL certificate (https://). This is because it automatically installs the Mimecast SSL certificate into your system's keychain / certification root.
- Allows users to log onto the agent to provide a granular policy based on users (SMTP Address), groups, or domains.
- Allows administrators to easily track user activity in their organization via reporting.
The Mimecast Security Agent currently supports English (US) and German languages.
Supported OS Matrix
Windows Home Edition version is not supported.
- Mimecast Security Agent Settings: Describes how the Mimecast Security Agent settings are configured to protect user's devices.
- Installing the Mimecast Security Agent (Windows): Describes the process of installing the Mimecast Security Agent on a Windows machine.
- Installing the Mimecast Security Agent (Mac): Describes the process of installing the Mimecast Security Agent on a MacOS machine.
- Protected Devices: Describes how to view the list of devices that are protected by the Mimecast Security Agent.
- Mimecast Security Agent Diagnostic Data: Describes how to gather diagnostic information on the Mimecast Security Agent when errors occur during the installation or testing phase.
- Mimecast Web Security: Frequently Asked Questions: Lists the frequently answered questions relating to Mimecast Web Security, giving relevant answers.